New update rollup fixes for Exchange Server
Important note. Due to internal replication it might be possible that not all hyperlinks are working correctly. These will become active automatically within 48 hours….
Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2010 SP2
On August 13th 2012 Microsoft released Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2010 SP2. A description of all the issues that are resolved with this Update Rollup can be found in Microsoft knowledge base article KB2706690
Calendar and Tasks Retention Tags
Sometimes Update Rollup fixes contain also new functionality. Update Rollup 4 now supports Calendar and Tasks Retention Tags, a long awaited wish for lots of administrators and consultants! In Update Rollup 4 it is now possible to create Retention Tags (using the command line!) for use with the calendar and tasks default folders. The tags can be used to move or delete calendar or task items. Unlike normal message tags end users cannotselect different tags for calendar and task items, so these are only controlled by the administrator.
More information regarding this can be found on the Exchange Team Blog: Calendar and Tasks Retention Tag Support in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4
Important notes when implementing UR4:
- In earlier Update Rollup fixes you had to make sure to disable ForeFront before installing the UR (and enable ForeFront when done) but starting with Update Rollup 4 this is no longer needed. According to Microsoft knowledge base article KB2743871 no manual steps are needed and ForeFront services are stopped automatically.
- When your server is not connected to the Internet you may experience long installation time while seeing a “Creating Native images for .Net assemblies” message. If you do check to knowledge base article KB2706690 to solve this issue;
- If you have any customized OWA pages back these up before installing Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2010 SP2;
- Deploy this Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2010 SP2 on Internet facing CAS servers first before installing on non-Internet facing CAS servers. This is especially important if you are using a CAS Proxy environment.
Update Rollup 4 for Exchange 2010 SP2can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center.
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange 2007 SP3.
This one is a small update containing only three fixes:
- 2699574Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may stop responding when you perform a search on Exchange mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2701037Events 4999 and 7034 are logged and the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server
- 2730089Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may stop responding when you perform a search on Exchange mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2732525Outlook keeps prompting you for credentials and incorrectly connects to an out-of-site global catalog after you install Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3.
- 2740358 MS12-058: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server WebReady document viewing could allow remote code execution: August 14, 2012
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange 2007 SP3can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center.
Important. This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM) version, to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the corresponding series of update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, for Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and for Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
Follow me on Twitter: @Jaapwess